Keeping a bathroom clean is not a glamorous job, but we all have friends who should probably take cleaning their bathrooms a little more seriously (don't be that friend). A few simple steps and consistency will have all your friends clamoring to use your bathroom.
- Using a neutral disinfectant cleaner wipe down all surfaces 2 times a week, including light fixtures, faucets, base of the toilet etc. Use a glass cleaner for the mirrors. This may seem a little excessive but, will literally only take 5 minutes and will prevent build up (such as hard water, that we enjoy so much in Eastern Idaho) that can eventually take well over an hour to clean.
- Use a toilet bowl brush and cleaner to clean the toilet bowl 3 times a week. This takes about 20 seconds to do and will prevent THE ring in your toilet bowl. They only way to get rid of the dreaded ring is to use a pumice stone which will require a lot more than 20 seconds to get rid of.
- If there is a mess, clean it up immediately. Delaying cleaning will only make clean up that much harder and longer.
- Have kids? Great news! Teach them to do the above steps, not only will it keep your bathrooms looking fresh but will help them with learning responsibility and they can take pride in their work.
- Leave an air freshener in the bathroom, make sure to switch up the scents when the air freshener runs out. If you always use the same scent (like an orange scent), every time you smell orange you’ll think of a bathroom.
- Get the tile and grout cleaned professionally cleaned at least once a year. Grout is one of the most difficult and frustrating things to clean. Call Honestly Clean and set yourself up for an annual Tile and Grout cleaning. Rexburg, Idaho Falls, Rigby, Shelley and Firth Idaho